The 20th Annual Ontario Pest Management Conference (OPMC) will be held in Guelph, ON on November 7, 2023. The OPMC features research on all aspects of pest management associated with plant, animal and human health.
This year’s theme is ‘Invasion: Facing the Plague of New Pests’ and features the following plenary speakers:
- Dr Julie Urban, Pennsylvania State University – Spotted Lanternfly Past, Present and Future: Impacts and Management of this Invasive Pest
- Dr Jonathan Griffiths, Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada – A Plague On All Our Houses: Plant Viruses
- Dr. Lynn Sosnoskie, Cornell AgriTech – Palmer Amaranth: Biology, Ecology, Management and Lessons Learned from Georgia, California and New York
Stay tuned to the conference website www.ontariopmc.ca for more details. Registration opens September 1st.
For the 2023 conference, OPMC will be soliciting abstracts for
- Student Competition – Graduate Oral Presentation (sponsored by CropLife Ontario Council) – 6 spots total, one $500 award and plaque for the winning entry
- Student Competition – Graduate Poster Presentation (sponsored by CropLife Ontario Council) – 6 spots total, one $500 award and plaque for the winning entry
- Student Competition – Undergraduate Poster Presentation (sponsored by OPMC) – 4 spots total, one $250 award and plaque for the winning undergraduate (or diploma) student
- General Posters – non-competitive
Refer to the Call for Posters/Oral Presentations section on the OPMC website for details and instructions on submissions. The submission period ends on Friday September 22nd. For questions on the submissions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org