Blueberry Pest Scouting and Management Workshop
- Wednesday June 1, 2016
- 4:00 pm to 8:00 p.m
- Simcoe Resource Center auditorium (OMAFRA office and University of Guelph Research Station)
- 1283 Blueline Road, Simcoe, N3Y 4K3
Please pre-register with the Agricultural Information Contact Center at 1-877-424-1300, or by email by sending your name, email and phone number to Pam.firstname.lastname@example.org . Registration $25. Includes a light supper, handouts, and refreshments.
In this workshop we will review important pests, biology, identification, scouting and a little about control . The objective to provide resources to scouts and agronomists who work with blueberry growers. Growers however, are welcome to attend.
Topics: Blueberry pest scouting, blueberry insects, blueberry diseases, spotted wing drosophila and a brown marmorated stink bug update.
- Dr. Rufus Isaacs, Michigan State University (joining us by webex)
- Michael Celetti, OMAFRA, plant pathology program lead for horticulture crops
- Pam Fisher, OMAFRA, berry crop specialist
- Hannah Fraser, OMAFRA, entomology program lead for horticulture crops
- Denise Beaton, OMAFRA, crop protection program lead
0 comments on “Blueberry Pest Scouting & Management Workshop”