This book is a comprehensive resource for novice and experienced growers, as well as crop advisors, service providers, educators, communicators and students. Effective Vineyard Spraying is written by Andrew Landers, the leading authority on orchard and vineyard spraying in North America.
Effective Vineyard Spraying – A Practical Guide for Growers (2nd Edition)
The book is based upon the application of science into practice, and will:
- improve deposition throughout the canopy
- reduce drift from the target area
- develop more effective use of pesticides
- improve operation and profitability of the spraying operation
- improve fruit quality through improved canopy health
- provide a comprehensive understanding of the spraying process from machine to target
- improve educational programs and
In a very practical manner, Effective Vineyard Spraying shows sprayer owners and operators how to get the best from their machine and spraying operation.
Excellent disease and insect control is required for the production of quality fruit. In order to obtain effective coverage, the right product must be applied to the right target at the right time.
Effective Vineyard Spraying details:
- airflow adjustment and nozzle orientation
- methods of quantifying deposition
- maintenance and sprayer adjustments
- drift reduction methods based on trials at Cornell University in the past 18 years
- good management of the spraying operation to maintain timeliness
- selecting sprayers
- getting the most from the spraying system
- Sprayer Layouts & Components
- Nozzles and Droplets
- Nozzle Selection and Calibration
- Adjusting the Sprayer for Improved Deposition
- Canopy and Herbicide Sprayers
- Handheld & Small Sprayers
- Pesticide Drift and Reduction
- Operator Safety
- Effective Vineyard Spraying
- Management of the Spraying Operation
- Precision Spraying in the Vineyard
- Sustainable Plant Protection within Sustainable Fruit
- 330 pages
- 283 photographs in full color
- 90 figures and 29 tables of useful information
- 100 line drawings
- Metric and standard units
About the author:
Andrew Landers directs the application technology program at Cornell University and is based at the New York State Agricultural Experiment Station in Geneva, New York where his teaching/extension/research appointment involves the use of engineering solutions to provide more effective and safer spraying.
His group at Cornell University works with application systems in fruit and vegetables and practices a multi-disciplinary approach to pesticide application, working with biologists to ensure engineering techniques are biologically effective.
In 2007 he was awarded the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Award for Outstanding Accomplishments in Extension/Outreach. He is dedicated to promoting practical money-saving techniques for growers who are based upon sound and proven research. For those who know Andrew, he is equally at home with growers, technicians, researchers, and machinery manufacturers and is renowned for his captivating presentation style.
0 comments on “Effective Vineyard Spraying – A Practical Guide for Growers (2nd Edition)”