This cost-share program was anounced May 14th to help better farmers better protect employees and ensure the continued supply of healthy food products during the COVID-19 outbreak. The official program announcement can be found here.
This program has two categories:
Occupational Health and Safety Measures
- To assist with producers implementing new health and safety measures and site/ equipment modifications related to COVID-19
- Eligible activities:
- Modifications within an agricultural operation to ensure appropriate safety with regards to social distancing needs (e.g., physical barriers)
- Acquiring personal protective equipment and other approved safety supplies for use throughout an agricultural operation and on-farm housing for workers
- Cleaning and disinfection throughout an agricultural operation and on-farm housing for workers
Enhancing Healthy Workforce Access and Accommodation
- For projects to address workforce access and accommodations as a result of an on-farm outbreak of COVID-19
- Eligible activity:
- Activities to support worker accommodations, work-site mobility and transportation with new arrangements that are necessary to address a new and immediate health and safety issue that directly responds to an on-farm COVID-19 outbreak
This a 70 percent cost-share, up to a maximum of $7500 per project. A limit of one project per eligible business or farm property farm property can be funded under the Agri-Food Workplace Protection Program for Producers.
Complete applications that meet eligibility criteria will be considered on a continuous basis while funding is available.
For more information on the program, including application procedures and elgible expenses see the Agri-Food Workplace Protection- Producers program page.