Growing Forward 2 is accepting another round of applications from November 16 to December 7. You might have a food safety project for your produce operation that could be eligible for funding.
Consider sending in an application if you are looking to improve food safety for your fruit and/or vegetable farm. You may be eligible if you have a project that will contribute to:
- Your operation being ready to obtain an audit to a national or international food safety program.
- Laboratory documentation validating your cleaning and sanitation procedures and/or acceptable water quality and/or acceptable pathogen levels in compost.
- Building upgrades that prevent food safety risks from occurring (e.g., shatterproof lighting, cleanable surfaces, air curtain to separate incompatible areas).
- Equipment that will immediately reduce a food safety risk (e.g. bin washer, knife sanitizer, automated sanitation chemical dispenser, water treatment equipment).
Growing Forward 2 has established projects that address food safety through worker practices, pest control, pre and post-harvest water, soil amendments and cleaning and sanitizing as the highest priority.
Do you have a food safety project in mind? Contact Christine Card for more information at (519) 826-3337 or email@example.com
Growing Forward 2 Updates
Growing Forward 2 (GF2) offers cost-share funding assistance, free workshops and training for Ontario producers, processors, organizations and collaborations.
What’s New for GF2?
- Priorities are clearly identified in the program guides
- All projects will be assessed on merit
- Food safety projects and commodities with the greatest food safety risk will be given priority
- Cost-share funding will be capped depending on the project category
- Approval of your project is needed before costs can be incurred and paid
Next Intake Date for GF2
GF2 cost-share funding assistance application intake for producers and processors is:
- November 16 to December 3, 2015
For more information visit http://www.ontario.ca/growingforward2.
Do you have a food safety project in mind? Contact Christine Card for more information at (519) 826-3337 or firstname.lastname@example.org.